SignalScan is the proprietary functionality that allows Solis users to reset their data signal as needed. When activated, SignalScan scans all of the available carrier networks in a given area to find the best local signal for your hotspot to connect. Unlike other hotspots, Solis is not limited to 1 carrier network.
How does Signal benefit my hotspot experience?
Solis network is composed of countless local carriers in over 135 countries around the world. Solis hotspots are designed to automatically find and connect to the best signal during the initial boot-up process, powered behind the scenes by SignalScan. Some carriers are stronger than others in certain parts of the world, and it is our mission to not only offer multiple carriers on our network, but also offer the functionality to help you find the best one. Our users, whether they are international travelers or domestic connectors, can utilize multiple carrier networks for their internet connection rather than just one. And when one network is not preforming at its best, it's easy to switch to another.
When can I use SignalScan?
SignalScan can be activated anytime a user wants to reset their signal, as long as they are connected to Solis WiFi. It may be an option if a user has been connected to their hotspot for more than 5 hours, if they are moving through different regions in the same day or if they are not satisfied with the connection they receive when turning on the hotspot initially.
How to access Signal Scan for Solis 5G users?
- Power on your Solis 5G.
- Wait for your Solis 5G to fully boot up.
- Once you're connected and if you're unsatisfied with the data connectivity, you may attempt to use SignalScan to reset your network.
- On the Menu page of the Solis 5G screen, you can locate the SignalScan icon (located on bottom left corner of the screen):
- Click on the SignalScan icon and you'll be directed to a page to 'Start' SignalScan.
- Once you start SignalScan, it may take up to 5 minutes to reconnect to a different cellular network:
- Once SignalScan has been completed, click 'Finish' and you may start connecting online again: